Thursday, September 13, 2012

NYC features

Alright, let's talk about some features of this city that you really have to get used to if you are a young girl coming to New York for the first time in your life.

First of all: Get a map!
I got lost a couple of times because I was confused by the east and west streets as well as by local and express trains. There are many things to be considered if you want to arrive at your destination in time ;-)

And by the way. Don't just walk into Central Park without having a clue at which corner you enter. The park is HUGE!!

2nd: 
Never answer people on the streets!
I figured out that it's part of the daily life that random men on the streets say things to you like "Hey pretty, hey gorgeous, you look so sexy, what's up beautiful etc.". It's charming yes, but on some point it can be scary, too. I'm literally talking about men FOLLOWING you on the streets. They would keep talking to you and walking after you unless you tell them to stop.
I'm not kidding, believe me, I'm talking of my own experiences.

3rd:
Always bring a jacket. I know it's still summer and even if it has 30°C outside, you never know what's going on INSIDE. Thank god there is air conditioning everywhere, even in the trains. However if you have a job in a building with too much air conditioning, you can easily freeze and you don't wanna get sick right?

These were a few tips I can give so far. I'll add some as soon as there will be needs to. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment